[Pdns-users] How to remove zones from BIND backend?

Robert L Mathews lists at tigertech.com
Thu Sep 29 17:39:56 UTC 2022

I'm using the BIND backend with autoprimaries, and also adding zones
with "pdns_control bind-add-zone example.com filename". Both of these
successfully add the zone to the named.conf file.

Is there a way to later *remove* a zone from the named.conf file using
pdns_control (or some other programmatic method)?

I guess I'm looking for something like "pdns_control bind-delete-zone
example.com", but the only way I can find to do it is to manually edit
the named.conf file and then use "pdns_control rediscover".

(I've tried "pdnsutil delete-zone example.com", but that just gives
"Failed to delete domain 'example.com'".)

Thanks!

--
Robert L Mathews