[Pdns-users] Warning in syslog after upgrade to PowerDNS Authoritative Server 4.7

Otto Moerbeek otto at drijf.net
Fri Oct 28 08:46:20 UTC 2022

Hello,

4.7.0 introduced (optional) GSS-TSIG support. Even with that support
not compiled in will report about GSS-TSIG requests it could not
handle. That might generate too much log spam, will discuss if this
message should stay, maybe the level should be Debug. There is also a
typo there: an extra `not'.

So what happens is that the server sees GSS-TSIG enabled requests but
is not prepared to deal with them. Do you have clients or other
servers that send these GSS-TSIG enabled queries?

As for the failing SOA retrieval: does the primary log anything why it
isn't willing to serve the SOA? Perhaps a packet capture will shed
some light on why the SOA retrieval fails. Increasin the loglevel
might also help.

	-Otto