[Pdns-users] Remove zombie/dead zones on superslave server

Robert L Mathews lists at tigertech.com
Wed Nov 30 17:11:55 UTC 2022

On 11/30/22 6:20 AM, Pieter Lexis via Pdns-users wrote:

> Removal of zones provisioned using the autoprimary must be done on the
> secondaries themselves, as there is no way to signal this removal from
> the primary to the secondary.

Jumping on this to ask something I've asked before, but unfortunately
didn't get an answer to: how *do* you remove them from a secondary if
you're using the BIND backend?

I've not been able to find a way to do it other than manually editing
the named.conf file on the secondary and then using "pdns_control
rediscover", but it seems like that has a race condition (what if
PowerDNS adds a new zone to the named.conf file while I'm editing it?).

--
Robert L Mathews