[Pdns-users] pdns-recursur 4.4: host unknown after some time with no clear reason

frank+pdns at tembo.be frank+pdns at tembo.be
Wed Jun 1 10:48:01 UTC 2022

Hi Jan,

I completely understand NDAs and myself (and numerous other PowerDNS Certified Consultants on this list) are happy to sign them, as part of a professional engagement. Please reach out to me off-list to discuss your options.

However, this also means that on this list, we can't help you much...

As per your questions: first we need to know what happens. The trace should tell us. Options to look at: (yes this list is long and some won't apply, but please reread the first sentence of this mail)

* https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/settings.html#network-timeout <https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/settings.html#network-timeout>
* https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/settings.html#non-resolving-ns-max-fails <https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/settings.html#non-resolving-ns-max-fails>
* https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/settings.html#non-resolving-ns-max-throttle-time <https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/settings.html#non-resolving-ns-max-throttle-time>
* https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/settings.html#dont-throttle-names <https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/settings.html#dont-throttle-names>