[Pdns-users] [LdapBackend] avoid writing PdnsDomainNotifiedSerial

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Jan 21 16:10:08 UTC 2022

HI!

I have a very tiny and simple setup of PowerDNS Authorative server(s)
4.5.3 with LDAP backend using native OpenLDAP replication. Each pdns
instance asks a single local LDAP server (via ldapi://). No need for
AXFR or IXFR or anything similar fancy in this setup. Also no LDAP
fail-over to multiple replicas.

pdns tries to write attribute PdnsDomainNotifiedSerial even though it is
IMHO not needed in my setup. It fails because the LDAP server is
deliberately configured to not allow write access from the pdns service.
Also a pure read-only consumer replica does not accept write operations.

Which configuration setting can I tweak to suppress writing
PdnsDomainNotifiedSerial?

Many thanks in advance.

Ciao, Michael.