[Pdns-users] zoneToCache - File Format

Clint Anderson Clint at ZWebSite.com
Tue Jan 18 21:13:54 UTC 2022

Hi All,

BackGround:
PowerDNS Recursor v4.6.0
I have the example from the docs (https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/lua-config/ztc.html) working perfectly:
zoneToCache(".", "url", "https://www.internic.net/domain/root.zone", { refreshPeriod = 0 })

Problem:
I'd like to load a "BlackList" file (or multiple BlackList files) the same way, but I have no idea what file format the PDNS zoneToCache function is looking for.  In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to take a list of domains like this:

Domain1.com
Domain2.com
Domain3.com
*.Domain3.com
Domain4.com
Sub.Domain4.com
Sub2.Domain4.com

And load them via the zoneToCache feature, and have them all point to a specific, common IP Address, like 192.168.1.100, but I can't seem to figure out how to accomplish this.

Any thoughts, examples, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much for your time & help.

Cheers,
Clint