[Pdns-users] Powerdns Alpine authoritative server 4.5.4 series missing zone2sql , zone2json binary

Rain Musings rainmusings at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 11:02:33 UTC 2022

Hi ,

Background:
We are using the powerdns alpine distribution in docker images .
We were previously using 4.0.8 powerdns  which came with the zone2sql ,
zone2json utility.
These utilities are used by our wrapper scripts to dynamically update zone
details when input zone files are updated.

Issue:
We recently moved to Powerdns 4.5.4 version that comes with Alpine 3.15
version. We see that the zone2* utilities are missing. Is this intentional?

Can you tell us how we can compile these utility  programs and use it ?

Thanks
Varsha