[Pdns-users] DNSSEC and CNAME records results NXDOMAIN

Klaus Darilion klaus.darilion at nic.at
Fri Apr 22 16:06:25 UTC 2022

I do not see any difference of the two cases. But in any case, returning an answer AND nxdomain is just broken.

# dig @ns1.mijn.host. autodiscover.egogo.eu
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;autodiscover.egogo.eu.         IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
autodiscover.egogo.eu.  900     IN      CNAME   autodiscover.outlook.com.

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
.                       3600    IN      SOA     ns1.mijn.host. hostmaster. 1643556361 10800 3600 604800 3600

this is a very broken setup. SOA reports "." = root zone.

which pdns version/backend/ zone setup are you using?

regards
Klaus