[Pdns-users] DNSSEC and CNAME records results NXDOMAIN

Marijn marijn at egogo.nl
Fri Apr 22 14:39:06 UTC 2022

I have PowerDNS 4.5.1 running.

DNSSEC is working on the domain:
https://dnssec-analyzer.verisignlabs.com/egogo.eu

---

But when I have DNSSEC active and I create a CNAME record, which doesn't
have DNSSEC, I get a NXDOMAIN error.

```
$ dig CNAME autodiscover.egogo.eu +short
autodiscover.outlook.com.
```

Here you can see the error
https://dnssec-analyzer.verisignlabs.com/autodiscover.egogo.eu

- Zone egogo.eu (83.96.241.95) returns NXDOMAIN for
autodiscover.egogo.eu
- No NSEC records in response

---

When I create a CNAME record to a domain with DNSSEC, it's working.
```
$ dig CNAME autodiscover2.egogo.eu +short
egogo.nl.
```
https://dnssec-analyzer.verisignlabs.com/autodiscover2.egogo.eu
- No errors

---

Why is DNSSEC not working with CNAME record autodiscover.outlook.com?
Or could there be something wrong in my configuration?