[Pdns-users] dnsdist 1.5.2 released

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Mon May 10 12:15:15 UTC 2021

Hi everyone!

We are happy to release dnsdist 1.5.2 today, a maintenance release
fixing a few bugs reported since 1.5.1:

- A typo in prometheus metrics dnsdist_frontend_tlshandshakefailures
  (AppliedPrivacy)
- A hang when removing a server with more than one socket
- SNI availability on resumed sessions, by acknowledging the name sent
  by the client
- A crash when a DoH responses map is updated at runtime
- Dynamic Block RCode rules messing up the queries count
- EDNS in ServFail generated when no server is available
- A crash with DynBPF objects in client mode
- Add missing getEDNSOptions and getDO bindings for DNSResponse

As usual there were also other smaller enhancements and fixes, please
see the dnsdist website [1] for the more complete changelog [2] and the
current documentation.

Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing
list, or in case of a bug, via GitHub [3].

We are grateful to the PowerDNS community for the reporting of bugs,
issues, feature requests, and especially to the submitters of fixes and
implementations of features.

The release tarball [4] (signature [5]) is available on the downloads
website, and packages for CentOS 7 and 8, Debian Buster and Ubuntu
Bionic and Focal are available from our repository [6].

[1]: https://dnsdist.org
[2]: https://dnsdist.org/changelog.html#change-1.5.2
[3]: https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/new/choose
[4]: