[Pdns-users] Configuring dnsdist

Steven Garner stevenjgarner at gmail.com
Sat May 8 18:28:55 UTC 2021

Well I am a noob at this so I'm probably wrong, but I thought recursion was
required for a DNS server to communicate with other DNS servers to
determine an IP address and return it to the client. Otherwise, wouldn't
DNS queries just be iterative DNS, communicating directly with each DNS
server involved in the lookup?  All I am wanting to do is list my dns
servers at the name servers with the domain registrars, and have my servers
be authoritative for the zone information.  I don't really need users to be
listing my name servers for their dns.  Please clarify what architecture
would be ideal.

Steven J Garner
+64 9 889 9589 (NZ)
+1 302 364 0325 (USA)