[Pdns-users] Does the Bind Backend support journaling/IXFR?

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Fri May 7 08:43:21 UTC 2021

Hi Klaus,

On 5/4/21 1:36 PM, Klaus Darilion via Pdns-users wrote:
> Does the Bind backend support journaling and incoming/outgoing IXFR (as similar to Bind)?

the BIND backend does not do journaling at all, it takes the latest XFR
and atomically replaces the zonefile and in-memory content.

PowerDNS does not support outgoing IXFR in any way, shape, or form but
we have a small tool called ixfrdist (in the pdns-ixfrdist package) that
you can use as an intermediary and that can generate IXFRs.

As for inbound IXFR, I believe only the Generic SQL backends support
inbound IXFR when the 'IXFR' metadata is set to '1'.

Cheers,

Pieter
--
Pieter Lexis