[Pdns-users] ALLOW_AXFR_FROM in rel 3.2?

Alessandro Dentella sandro.dentella at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 17:07:28 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jul 09, 2021 at 09:51:09AM +0200, Pieter Lexis via Pdns-users wrote:
> Hi Sandro,
>
> On 7/8/21 5:11 PM, Alessandro Dentella via Pdns-users wrote:
> > I'd like to knwo if ALLOW_AXFR_FROM was already present in rel 3.2.
> > Where can I get the old docs? Or: is there anybody that can tell me?
>
> Please *don't* use Authoritative Server 3.2. It was released in January
> 2013, is out of support for several years(!) and suffers from from
> several know security vulnerabilities. Please upgrade ASAP.
>
> If you mis-typed and are using 4.2, ALLOW-AXFR-FROM metadata is
> supported PowerDNS Authoritative Server 3.4.2 onward.
>
> Best regards,

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the warning. In fact I installed a 4.4.1 to house what is currently
in my provider's pdns that is that old 3.4.2...

To migrate all the entries it would have been usefull to use axfr but the
provider claims he cannot selectively enable axfr per-domain. I just wanted to
understand it it is true...

sandro