[Pdns-users] BIND-mode vs. Hybrid BIND-mode

frank+pdns at tembo.be frank+pdns at tembo.be
Fri Dec 3 09:45:07 UTC 2021

Hi Michael,

In BIND mode, a special-purpose sqlite3 database is used to store all dnssec related data. That sqlite3 database folllows a specific schema, and is not used as a "regular" backend. You'd only one backend (the BIND backend).
In Hybrid-BIND mode, you'd need at least a "regular" database backend, in addition to the BIND backend. That database backend can / will be used as a regular database backend, following that schema etc.

If you will only have BIND-style backends, the regular dnssec BIND mode is what you're probably looking for. If you have domains in both BIND and a MySQL database for instance, you can reuse that MySQL backend to store the DNSSEC data for domains in the BIND mode.

Hope this clarifies :)

Kind Regards,

Frank

Frank Louwers