[Pdns-users] BIND-mode vs. Hybrid BIND-mode

Fox, Michael E. michael.fox at tamu.edu
Thu Dec 2 22:08:06 UTC 2021

Howdy,

I'd like to use BIND zone files and DNSSEC.

I'm reading:  https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/dnssec/modes-of-operation.html#bind-mode-operation

I don't understand the difference between BIND-mode and Hybrid BIND-mode.
BIND-mode says the zone records are stored in BIND files and an sqlite3 database is required for the keys and other DNSSEC related data.
Hybrid BIND-mode says the zone records and keying material are stored in different backends.  Isn't that the same thing?
If there's a distinction here, I don't know what it is.
Can someone explain?

Thanks much!

Michael E Fox