[Pdns-users] Status of dnsdist 1.6.1

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Fri Aug 27 15:47:06 UTC 2021

Hi Oliver,

On 8/27/21 5:36 PM, labs--- via Pdns-users wrote:
> there is a bug in handling notify packages in dnsdist which will be
> fixed in versions 1.6.1/.1.7: https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/pull/10419
>
> I am longingly waiting for these releases because we use dnsdist in
> front of authoritative servers. Do you have any idea when these releases
> will come? As this bug causes some problems in our infrastructure, we
> think about using our build system to build debian packages from source
> instead of the packages from your repo. But I would be more satisfied if
> I could go on with your prebuild debian packages.
>
> Is there any chance that your crystal ball has some information? This
> does not have to be exact, an answer a la "we plan a release in one
> month or two" would be sufficient for me to decide which way to go. If
> there is no information you can give me, that would be a useful
> information for me too. Then Rock Paper Scissors will help me.

I plan on releasing the first alpha release of 1.7.0 very soon,
hopefully next week, and it's very likely we will release 1.6.1 just
after that.

Note that the fix has already been backported to the rel/dnsdist-1.6.x
branch and we automatically build packages from that branch so in the
meantime you could use these. Look for 1.6.0.* directories under [1],
like [2]. These directories contain bzipped tarballs that themselves
contain the packages you are looking for.

These packages, while technically not a released version, are currently
1.6.0 plus three fixes [3][4][5], so it should be pretty safe to run in
production.

[1]: https://downloads.powerdns.com/autobuilt_browser/#/dnsdist/
[2]:
https://downloads.powerdns.com/autobuilt_browser/#/dnsdist/1.6.0.38.master.ge218c1e58