[Pdns-users] Status of dnsdist 1.6.1

labs at hosting.de labs at hosting.de
Fri Aug 27 15:36:25 UTC 2021

Hi there,

there is a bug in handling notify packages in dnsdist which will be
fixed in versions 1.6.1/.1.7: https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/pull/10419

I am longingly waiting for these releases because we use dnsdist in
front of authoritative servers. Do you have any idea when these releases
will come? As this bug causes some problems in our infrastructure, we
think about using our build system to build debian packages from source
instead of the packages from your repo. But I would be more satisfied if
I could go on with your prebuild debian packages.

Is there any chance that your crystal ball has some information? This
does not have to be exact, an answer a la "we plan a release in one
month or two" would be sufficient for me to decide which way to go. If
there is no information you can give me, that would be a useful
information for me too. Then Rock Paper Scissors will help me.

Thanks!

All the best,

Oliver