[Pdns-users] Logging outgoing queries and responses

Hamed Haghshenas haghshenas at chavoosh.com
Wed Aug 4 09:49:46 UTC 2021

Hello Dears,

I Setup a recursive dns server with powerdns .

The configuration is as follows.

setuid=pdns-recursor

setgid=pdns-recursor

allow-from=127.0.0.1, 192.168.1.0/24

local-address=0.0.0.0

logging-facility=0

loglevel=9

max-mthreads=1043

pdns-distributes-queries=no

quiet=no

reuseport=yes

threads=4

write-pid=yes

now I want, Logging outgoing queries and responses by the lua-config so I
add the bellow line to configuration :

lua-config-file=/etc/pdns-recursor/lua.conf

and add to it :

protobufServer(server[[[ ,logQueries=true], logResponses=true]
,exportTypes={'A', 'AAAA', 'CNAME', 'MX', 'NS'}]);

but now when I start the server got an error like :

Aug  4 13:54:09 localhost pdns_recursor: Unable to load Lua script from
'/etc/pdns-recursor/lua.conf': [string "chunk"]:2: unfinished long string
near '<eof>'

Aug  4 13:54:09 localhost pdns_recursor: STL Exception: [string "chunk"]:2:
unfinished long string near '<eof>'

Could you please, help me see where the problem comes from and the other
question is where will these logs be stored?

Best Regards,

Hamed Haghshenas