[Pdns-users] How to list zones by account?

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at powerdns.com
Mon Apr 5 12:23:42 UTC 2021

Hello,

On Sat, 2021-04-03 at 21:32 -0600, Team 1035 via Pdns-users wrote:
> Hi team -- I'm trying to list zones by account. Is there any way to do this other than loading every zone and then filtering? The search endpoint doesn't seem to consider account.
>
> Even if I maintain my own mapping of "account" to zones, there also doesn't seem to be any way to return a group of any zones.
>
> Or to ask a more general question, does PowerDNS support the notion of multi-tenancy? Where zones may be owned by customers/tenants and I want to filter by only that tenant?

PowerDNS itself does not really support multitenancy; the concept is
that we provide just enough glue for frontends/middlewares to be able
to support multitenancy.

Being able to list domains by account would make sense in that context.
You can file a feature request at
https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/new/choose (or, of course,
submitting code would be even better!)

Kind regards,