[Pdns-users] Error after upgrade

Daniel Lo Nigro lists at d.sb
Wed Nov 25 19:39:21 UTC 2020

Hey Sven, thanks for the reply. My PowerDNS database and all tables are
configured to use the latin1 character set. The only place I've configured
UTF-8 is in the MySQL server-wide configuration (my.cnf). However, I was
able to repro just now even without this MySQL configuration, so I don't
think it's actually the cause.

I've been doing some more digging, and as far as I can tell, this error
only happens after upgrading from MySQL 8.0.21 to 8.0.22. I upgraded the
MySQL client, server and libraries on a server that was previously not
experiencing this error, and the same error started happening. However, I'm
unable to find anything in the MySQL changelogs (
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/8.0/en/news-8-0-22.html) that
would explain this.

I opened a bug on GitHub: https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/9777

Thanks,