[Pdns-users] API to add additional IP to an existing hostname

Rudy Setiawan rudy at rudal.com
Wed Nov 25 09:38:54 UTC 2020

Hi there,

Currently the powerdns has an 'A' record of a hostname, let's say:
app.test.com in A  1.1.1.1

I wanted to add another IP into app.test.com , how can I do that?

I tried to send the rrsets something like this:

"rrsets": [
>                 {
>                     "name": "app.test.com.",
>                     "type": "A",
>                     "changetype": "REPLACE",
>                     "ttl": 600,
>                     "records": [
>                         {
>                             "content": "2.2.2.2",
>                             "disabled": false,
>                             "type": "A",
>                             "priority": 0
>                         }
>                     ]
>                 }
>             ]

It will just overwrite the old entry, is there another way or another
changetype to add the same hostname with different IP?

Thank you

Regards,
Rudy