[Pdns-users] Error after upgrade

Daniel Lo Nigro lists at d.sb
Wed Nov 25 03:47:01 UTC 2020

Hey Jorge, did you end up resolving this issue? I'm seeing the same error,
but only on one of my five servers:

pdns_server[599055]: Backend error: GSQLBackend unable to find before/after
(after) for domain_id 8 and qname 'n7': Could not execute mysql statement:
select ordername from records where ordername > ? and domain_id=? and
disabled=0 and ordername is not null order by 1 asc limit 1: Illegal mix of
collations (latin1_bin,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for
operation '>'

Collation on the ordername looks fine (CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE
latin1_bin), and if I run the same query in the MySQL CLI it also works
fine:

mysql> select ordername from records where ordername > 'n7' and domain_id=8
and disabled=0 and ordername is not null order by 1 asc limit 1;
+-----------+
| ordername |
| ns1       |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

The schema is identical across all replicas so I'm confused as to why only
one of them is throwing these errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel