[Pdns-users] Best way to setup pdns for ACME challenges and "virtual" entries

Chris lists+pdns at gbe0.com
Mon Mar 2 06:17:48 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 2/3/20 3:28 am, Michael Rommel via Pdns-users wrote:
 > I read that I can use three different ways to accomplish that:
 > b) the HTTP API

I wrote a quick Perl script which calls the HTTP API (I use the Opera
DNS UI - https://github.com/operasoftware/dns-ui - so I use the API
provided by that rather than PDNS directly) to add/delete the DNS
records as needed.

The script gets deployed to the servers via puppet and certificate
generation/renewal works in an automated fashion quite well. The script
is called by using the --manual-auth-hook/--manual-cleanup-hook flags
with certbot.

Happy to provide a copy of the script if it would be useful, send me a
message off list if you would like.