[Pdns-users] Syslog configuration, files are almost identical

Pierrick CHOVELON pierrick.chovelon at savoye.com
Wed Jul 1 15:03:17 UTC 2020

Hello,

I'm running a powerdns-recursor server and I configured the syslog part to
log into the facility 5.
I used the default configuration with the tree files and put them in
/var/log/pdns :

local5.info                       -/var/log/pdns/pdns.info
local5.warn                       -/var/log/pdns/pdns.warn
local5.err                        /var/log/pdns/pdns.err

It works well.
However I can see that pdns.info and pdns.warn are almost identical, both
around 7.9Mo.
A diff shows very few lines in thoses 7.9Mo files, like 20 or something
like that.
I think this is not useful to have two files almost identical.

Did I miss something ?

Regards