[Pdns-users] Issues with PowerDNS Authoritative Server on CentOS7

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Tue Aug 18 07:01:21 UTC 2020

On 17/08/2020 22:33, Fabio Perez via Pdns-users wrote:

> I installed 2 VMs each running PowerDNS as Authoritative servers, but
> for whatever reason I cannot make this to work.
>
> When I set other VMs with the nameserver of my DNS, none of my query
> get resolved.

That sounds like expected behaviour.

PDNS *authoritative* is an *authoritative* server only.  That is: it
cannot resolve queries on behalf of clients.

PDNS *recursor* is a separate package.  This is what you need if you
want to run a local caching nameserver that accepts queries from other
VMs or clients and performs the lookups on their behalf.