[Pdns-users] Issues with PowerDNS Authoritative Server on CentOS7

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Mon Aug 17 22:02:41 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 09:33:17PM +0000, Fabio Perez via Pdns-users wrote:
> Hello,
> My name is Fabio.
> I installed 2 VMs each running PowerDNS as Authoritative servers, but for whatever reason I cannot make this to work.
> When I set other VMs with the nameserver of my DNS, none of my query get resolved.
> I need assistance with this.  How can I troubleshoot this?
> What information do I need to provide?

Hi Fabio,

If you tell us the IP address of your server we could send it questions and
see if it responds.

Alternatively, please show us your configuration (including network setup,
firewalls etc) and how you determined none of your queries are getting
resolved.

Also please include the full startup log of PowerDNS, which will show on
which IP addresses it listens.

There is nothing specific about Centos7 and your problem is likely network
related, or perhaps powerdns is not even running.

	Bert