[Pdns-users] Slow response on record modification by API

Carsten Schmitz carsten.schmitz.hh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 16:00:20 UTC 2020

Hello,

we have successfully set up PowerDNS on two DNS servers and are using
the API, but we have a small issue.

We have zones with thousands of subdomains (as CNAMEs) and when
modifying the zone records by API of takes several seconds for the
modification to successfully complete. I assume that powerDNS is maybe
checking all existing records on each zone record modification.

We are using the MySQL backend - PowerDNS works just fine, otherwise.

Is there any way to speed this up?

Thank you for any insight,

Best regards

Carsten