[Pdns-users] Supermaster/superslave

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Thu Apr 2 19:49:21 UTC 2020

I'm in the process of migrating to powerdns to take advantage of the
supermaster/superslave feature in particular (as well as better dnssec
management), with a hidden master architecture to provide additional
security for administration and dnssec private keys.  It seems, however,
that for the automatic propagation of domains to work, the hidden master
has to be included with an NS record in the domain, which is
unfortunate, as that means clients everywhere will occasionally try to
use it and have to timeout.

Is there a way I'm missing to avoid this problem and is there a
particular reason for this requirement?

Thanks...