[Pdns-users] How should my backend tell pdns that pdns_server that it has changed the zone

jb-wisemo jb-powerdns at wisemo.com
Mon Sep 23 22:31:30 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am creating a custom master-mode backend for a special use. But some
questions are left open or vague by the documentation, here is the first
one:

How shall I tell pdns_server that I have changed my zone and increased
the zone serial in the database?

Idea is to trigger notify and replication to ordinary slaves as quickly
as possible, being able to tell code elsewhere that the changes should
now be available in the global DNS (doing my own TTL calculations).

Zone may be unsigned or NSEC3-wide, as NSEC3-narrow doesn't seem to
support replication to slaves that don't have the ZSK private key.

Enjoy

Jakob