[Pdns-users] Trouble rolling a ZSK

Mike Cardwell pdns-users at lists.grepular.com
Mon Oct 14 09:23:10 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-10-14 at 10:57 +0200, Gert van Dijk wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 9:54 AM Mike Cardwell
> <pdns-users at lists.grepular.com> wrote:
> > I'm looking into migrating from Bind9 to PowerDNS. [...]
>
> Have you seen the instructions on how to perform a ZSK rollover [1]?
> don't see that you invoke the {activate,deactivate}-zone-key or the
> soa serial number update. (Not sure if you need a rectify-zone
> command
> too though.)

Sorry, I forgot to address your serial number update comment in my
previous reply: I didn't do that as it was my understanding that was
only necessary to trigger a slave update. I've done that now, and can
see it makes no difference. It's still broken after a "pdnsutil
increase-serial parsemail.org" and a "pdnsutil rectify-zone
parsemail.org"

Mike