[Pdns-users] pdns server api access leads to "Internal Server Error"

frank+pdns at tembo.be frank+pdns at tembo.be
Tue May 7 14:55:44 UTC 2019

Hi Tobi,

> curl -X GET -H 'X-API-Key: MY_API'
> http://127.0.0.1:8081/api/v1/servers/localhost/zones/mydomain.tld
>
> I get a http 500 "Internal Server Error" message. Like said it's the
> only query that fails. Any other for example
>

> Anyone an idea what goes wrong here?
> Can I somehow enable debug of the api part of pdns?

That API endpoint is certainly correct and should work. Do you only have that problem with a particular zone or with all zones? Is the zone very large by chance?

The best way to start debugging this, is first to check if pdns itself can access the zone and the zone looks “sane” (do a pdnsutil list-zone domain.tld, and a pdnsutil check-zone domain.tld). If that looks fine, then I would enable / increase logging of the API component and see if the logs tell you something more.

Kind Regards,

Frank Louwers
PowerDNS Certified Consultant