[Pdns-users] Unwanted character escaping in regex values

Kenneth Bengtsson kbengtsson at efact.pe
Sat Jul 27 21:02:25 UTC 2019

Dear all

I’m setting up a service that uses NAPTR records for service discovery. Everything looks good in the (MySQL) records but when requesting the resources, PowerDNS escapes the regex group characters (“(“ and “)”) with a backslash character. So for example, a regular expression that looks like “{(*.)}” in the DB record comes back as “{\(*.\)}”.

I’ve tried different examples, both my own and what I’ve found lying around including on this mailing list, and the result is very consistent. For some reason, PowerDNS insists on escaping the ( and ) characters in the regular expression.

Any suggestions / workarounds?

Best regards,

Kenneth

Este correo electrónico y cualquier archivo transmitido con él son propiedad de Efact S.A.C., contiene información confidencial, y están destinados exclusivamente al uso de la persona o entidad a la que van dirigidas. Si usted no es el destinatario señalado, no puede difundir y distribuir o copiar este e-mail. Por favor notifique inmediatamente al remitente por correo electrónico si usted ha recibido este correo electrónico por error, y eliminar este correo electrónico de su sistema. Si usted no es el destinatario, se le notifica que revelar, copiar, distribuir o tomar cualquier acción basada en el contenido de esta información está estrictamente prohibida.

This email and any files transmitted with it are the properties of Efact S.A.C., contains confidential information, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you may not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake, and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.