[Pdns-users] bind backend and dnssec database

Philip Vanmontfort philip at smartbit.be
Wed Jul 10 09:53:38 UTC 2019

Hello,

We want to put everything in one place (puppet), so that we don't have to make a backup of the database.  And we want a minimum of moving parts, that is why there is no database backend.
The setup uses native zones, so we don't do zone transfers with masters and slaves.  So i figured, with everything in puppet saves me on replication/backup of the database.

Do i understand correctly that I need to replicate the bind-dnssec-db.sqlite3 from one server (soa server?) to the others? or do i need to build a master-slave setup with zone transfers to enable a correct working of dnsssec?

best greetings,
Philip