[Pdns-users] pdns-recursor: expected log entries on sendto ENOBUFS error + qname minimization

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Sun Jan 20 14:35:00 UTC 2019

Hi,

I've been pondering with
"sendto failed: No buffer space available"
errors using unbound [0].

To see how pdns-recursor behaves on the same box
I switched from unbound to pdns-recursor
and don't get any similar log warnings.

Now my questions are:

What log entries (if any) would pdns-recursor produce
on ENOBUFS sendto [1] errors when run in loglevel 6? [2]

If no log entries are expected on that loglevel, starting
at which loglevel would pdns-recursor start logging such events?

Is there a description of what a given loglevel entails?
(I must not log any queries)

and an unrelated question:

I've found an old GH issue about adding QNAME minimization
support to recursor. Is my understanding correct that this
feature is not a priority and will unlikely be added anytime soon
(next 6 months)?

thanks!
nusenu

[0] https://nlnetlabs.nl/pipermail/unbound-users/2019-January/011257.html