[Pdns-users] Help with mydns backend

Rob Campbell rob.j.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 17:11:57 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to switch from mydns-ng to powerdns 4.1.6 with the mydns
backend. It seems to be working fine on my quietest nameserver but on a
busy one it starts returning REFUSED to queries after a few minutes and I
can't work out why as it's not logging any errors. I tried setting
loglevel=6 and still didn't get anything logged. How can I get some logs
showing why it's returning REFUSED?
Seems like we ramp up to over 70 TCP connections quite quickly and we're
fine at first but once we hit that many either the backend can't keep up or
we're hitting some limit I've not found.

Config is:

launch=
security-poll-suffix=
server-id=
include-dir=/etc/powerdns/pdns.d
setgid=pdns
setuid=pdns
version-string=anonymous
max-tcp-connections=1024
receiver-threads=8
reuseport=yes
cache-ttl=60
loglevel=6
launch+=mydns
mydns-soa-active=no
mydns-rr-active=no

Can anyone help me work out why it's refusing queries?

Kind regards,
Rob Campbell.