[Pdns-users] change_date column

Otto Moerbeek otto at drijf.net
Sat Aug 31 09:41:58 UTC 2019

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 08:44:53PM -0400, Eric Beck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded from 4.1.13 to 4.2.0
>
> I note the discontinuation of the change_date column for gmysql
> The upgrade notes said leaving the column there was no problem.
>

> I discoved the following though, in my pdns.conf file while checking
> things over.  I can't find a reference to that setting anywhere, and I
> can't remember why I put it there, but my question is: Will it cause
> problems as it is, or should I remove it/alter it?
>
> gmysql-insert-record-query=insert into records
> (content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,disabled,name,ordername,auth,change_date)
> values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,UNIX_TIMESTAMP())
>
> Sorry if it's a rookie question, but I guess I'm a rookie. :-)
>
> Eric

See https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/backends/generic-sql.html,
section "Queries".

The custom statement will cause problems if you have dropped the
change_date column.

It is not clear to me why you have overridden the default insert query.

$ pdns_server --no-config --launch=gmysql --config | grep insert-recoird-query

shows

# gmysql-insert-record-query
# gmysql-insert-record-query=insert into records
(content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,disabled,name,ordername,auth) values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

here. This should work both with change_date and without change_date
present. So drop the local config line.

	-Otto