[Pdns-users] Recursor reply SRVFAIL from the first NS server and does not try other NS servers

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Tue Apr 9 08:14:02 UTC 2019

Hi Mohamad,

Would you mind providing a trace, either by starting the recursor with
--trace, which is very verbose, or by using:

 rec_control trace-regex safariaquapark.com

To enable tracing for this domain only. You can revert that later with

 rec_control trace-regex ''

In my own tests the recursor does try all NSs, but it looks like queries
to ns1.i-net.ps and ns4.i-net.ps end up as timeout most of the time, at
least from here.

Best regards,

Remi