[Pdns-users] Increment SOA programmatically?

MRob mrobti at insiberia.net
Sun Nov 4 01:27:44 UTC 2018

I use mysql backend and SOA serial set to 0 in datebase for auto-serial
features. But sometime come occasion we must update one record in
database directly, not using DNSUPDATE. In this case how to tell pdns
please update SOA serial? I cant find pdns_control, pdnsutil command for
this.

Related, where is serial stored in auto-serial case? I find
"change_date" field NULL on all records and "notified_serial" NULL on
this domain (but its 0 on the other domains, not sure why). In this
situation what happens if server reboot, SOA has to be reclaimed from
somewhere??

Thank you I appreciate pdns