[Pdns-users] API: RRset xxx.cc. IN CNAME: Conflicts with pre-existing non-CNAME RRset

Chris Hofstaedtler chris.hofstaedtler at deduktiva.com
Sat Jun 30 21:33:40 UTC 2018

> On 29.06.2018, at 15:25, Ing. Vitalij Osypenko <osypenko at cerberos.cz> wrote:
>
> Hi, I'm trying to migrate from BIND (db backend) to PowerDNS 4.1.3 using API. For now I'm stuck with this error (zone zzz.cc is already imported including all rrsets):
>
>  RRset xxx.cc. IN CNAME: Conflicts with pre-existing non-CNAME RRset

Assuming the request you posted is correct, this is correct behaviour.
Mixing CNAMEs and other records on the same name is explicitly forbidden by the relevant RFCs.

The API won’t let you do stuff that cannot be served (or is forbidden) over DNS.

--
Chris Hofstaedtler / Deduktiva GmbH (FN 418592 b, HG Wien)
www.deduktiva.com / +43 1 353 1707