[Pdns-users] PowerDNS resource usage

Oscar Zovo oscar.zovo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 22:36:25 UTC 2018

A quinta, 26/07/2018, 22:51, George <izghitu at gmail.com> escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> I am going to host DNS for 2000+ domains on one PowerDNS master server and
> 3 slaves. They all will run mysql server as backend. Can you please tell me
> how many server resources(CPU, RAM) would be good for such a setup and what
> if any suggestions there are for optimizing the setup?

The key question here is what is the expected performance from your DNS
service? How many queries per second? Latency? Are those 2000+ domains
hosting large public services or just SME/SOHO?

Spec the expected performance first and I think someone will be able to
give you a hardware config for the load.

On powerdns website there is a document that says that a 8GB RAM Quad Core
machine is enough for most loads.

Best Regards,
Zovo