[Pdns-users] Recursor LUA - trigger additional lookups

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Mon Feb 12 10:48:20 UTC 2018

On 12/02/2018 10:32, Radoslaw Kamil Ejsmont wrote:
> My goal is to successfully resolve AAAA only for hosts that are IPv6
> only and serve A only to dual-stack hosts.
I can't answer your question about doing this inside PDNS, but just
wanted to mention that you can configure individual hosts to prefer IPv4
over IPv6 when both are available.

In Linux this is done by configuring /etc/gai.conf, e.g. for Ubuntu just
uncomment this line:

precedence ::ffff:0:0/96  100

I don't really do Windows, but I understand the corresponding feature is
called "prefix policies":

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929852/how-to-disable-ipv6-or-its-components-in-windows
https://sites.google.com/site/jrey42/Home/ipv6/prefixpolicies

Regards,