[Pdns-users] Recursor LUA - trigger additional lookups

Radoslaw Kamil Ejsmont radoslaw at ejsmont.net
Mon Feb 12 10:32:11 UTC 2018

Hi!

I have a question regarding recursor LUA scripting. I would like to block AAAA replies for hosts that also have A records. Is that possible with current LUA framework?

My idea was to write a postresolve hook that would check if `dq.qtype == pdns.AAAA` and the perform an A lookup. If A lookup is successful, it would remove `AAAA` answer and add the `A` answer. I could not find a way though to trigger an additional lookup. I also found no way to trigger more lookups with `preresolve`. Do you guys have any hints?

My goal is to successfully resolve AAAA only for hosts that are IPv6 only and serve A only to dual-stack hosts.

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Radek

--