[Pdns-users] Multiple masters

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Sat Dec 15 07:03:19 UTC 2018

On 15/12/2018 06:29, Don Stokes wrote:
> I'm looking to deploy PowerDNS in a slave configuration that has
> multiple (BIND) masters. In a test rig I'm finding that if I have dual
> masters configured on a PDNS slave, and one of the two masters is
> unavailable, the slave is querying the absent master and not failing
> over to the other.
>
> And even if it receives and accepts a NOTIFY from the functional
> master, it still sends the SOA  query to the non-functional master.

The first question is: what version of PDNS Authoritative are you using?

The second is just to confirm how you have configured each zone with
multiple masters in SQL: is it a single row with a comma-separated list
of masters?

INSERT  INTO  domains  (name,  master,  type)  VALUES  ('example.com',  '192.0.2.1, 192.0.2.2',  'SLAVE');