[Pdns-users] How to understand cause of rejected notify

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Sat Dec 1 20:53:05 UTC 2018

On Sat, Dec 01, 2018 at 08:37:16PM +0000, MRob wrote:
> As I have had no luck to understand why supermaster only create entry in
> Received NOTIFY for example.com from 1.1.1.1:2101 for which we are not
> authoritative (Refused)
>
> Received unsuccessful notification report for 'example.com' from 2.2.2.2:53,
> error: Query Refused

Hi "MRob",

We can do nothing with example.com and 1.1.1.1. Please see https://blog.powerdns.com/2016/01/18/open-source-support-out-in-the-open/

All supermaster problems I know of can be resolved by checking the
checklist:

https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/modes-of-operation.html?highlight=supermaster#supermaster-automatic-provisioning-of-slaves

If that doesn't work, please share real domain names & IP addresses and a
pcap of a notification that does not lead to a zonetransfer.

	Bert