[Pdns-users] How to understand cause of rejected notify

MRob mrobti at insiberia.net
Sat Dec 1 20:37:16 UTC 2018

As I have had no luck to understand why supermaster only create entry in
``domains'' table but not in ``records'' and AXFR never happen again
(https://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-users/2018-November/025624.html)
I think maybe it's a bug in pdns 4.1 so I install 4.2 on slave (master
still 4.1) to hope that can fix the bug.

Now problem is worse, slave won't even set up ``domains'' table, only
see this:

Received NOTIFY for example.com from 1.1.1.1:2101 for which we are not
authoritative (Refused)

How do I know the reason? Config is still same as before when version
4.1 was populated ``domains'' table (supermaster db table has correct
setup)

Master log also not helpful:

Received unsuccessful notification report for 'example.com' from
2.2.2.2:53, error: Query Refused

loglevel=6 on both slave/master, nothing else coming to the logs to
explain refused reason