[Pdns-users] Announcing: DNS over HTTPS on doh.powerdns.org

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Sat Aug 25 10:55:28 UTC 2018

On 25/08/2018 11:23, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
> Currently happily using PowerDNS Recursor (4.1.3) on 5 servers in an
> anycast configuration. Currently*not*  using dnsdist (because it's
> not obvious to me why I need it, and it's one more moving part that
> could potentially break).
>
> Because of this, my preference would be to have DoT / DoH available
> directly in PowerDNS Recursor, without using dnsdist.

At a home or branch office installation, I'm happy to use plain DNS
internally to a local cache, but I'd like to secure the outbound DNS
traffic.

This means I'm interested in the opposite feature: I'd like PDNS
Recursor to be able to forward traffic using DoH to an upstream trusted
recursor - i.e. act as a DoH client.

This is a stop-gap though.  Ultimately I'd like PDNS Recursor to be able
to communicate directly and securely to the authoritative servers, but I
don't know if that's even a Thing yet.

Regards,

Brian.