[Pdns-users] Announcing: DNS over HTTPS on doh.powerdns.org

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Sat Aug 25 10:23:58 UTC 2018

> But we bet there are more things holding service providers back from
> offering over HTTPS. So our question to you is: what is holding you back
> form offering DNS over TLS and DNS over HTTPS? Is there anything we can do?
> Are there missing features, are you worried about load-balancing or
> performance, anything.

Currently happily using PowerDNS Recursor (4.1.3) on 5 servers in an
anycast configuration. Currently *not* using dnsdist (because it's
not obvious to me why I need it, and it's one more moving part that
could potentially break).

Because of this, my preference would be to have DoT / DoH available
directly in PowerDNS Recursor, without using dnsdist.

Any chance of this being implemented?

Steinar Haug, AS2116