[Pdns-users] DNSSEC via API

Siniša Burina sburina at gmail.com
Mon May 15 14:40:28 UTC 2017

Hello!

Is there currently any way to easily turn on/off DNSSEC via API call(s)?
Or is the implementation planned for the near future?

https://doc.powerdns.com/md/httpapi/api_spec/#zone95collection says:

"Switching dnssec to true (from false) sets up DNSSEC signing based on the other flags, this
includes running the equivalent of secure-zone and rectify-zone."

And, to the greatest disappointment, immediately below that:

"TODO: dnssec, nsec3narrow, nsec3param, presigned are not yet implemented."

So I implemented these functions via SSH-based calls to pdnsutil, which in turn crippled my chances
of making a full-featured, neat and lean piece of code with the uniform method implementation.

Thank you!

--
Best Regards,
    Siniša Burina