[Pdns-users] Where is the database schema?

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Tue Feb 28 22:26:28 UTC 2017

On 28/02/2017 22:20, NoBloat wrote:
>> Your options are:
>> 1. Use a different domain (subdomain) for your static and dynamic
>> records. Godaddy controls one domain; pdns controls the other one.  This
>> is very simple, if you don't mind the static and dynamic records being
>> separated in this way.
> I think this is what I'm trying to explain above.

OK, well that's simple.

Suppose your domain is "example.com", and this is what you manage at
godaddy. Then you want to put all your dynamic records into
"dynamic.example.com"

In Godaddy, you delegate the domain:

dynamic  NS  <name-of-your-pdns-server.>

(Aside: for reliability you should really have at least *two* auth
nameservers for dynamic.example.com - see RFC2182)

Then in your pdns server create zone dynamic.example.com, and names
within it like foo.dynamic.example.com

HTH,

Brian.