[Pdns-users] Need a solution to use an resolver for external CNAME's

EDV-Techniker EDV-Techniker at marel.at
Wed Sep 14 08:07:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

we want using a nameserver for our domains only. I can be done without configure a resolver. Works fine but if query f.e. an external CNAME, which A record doesn't exist at our database, then PowerDNS doesn't resolve.

Using a resolver does solve this problem. But now the DNS server is open and frail for attacks.

Is there a solution to use an resolver to query existing database entries only?

BR Mike
MAREL IT solutions